To get started, go to the Campaign module, open Email campaigns section and click Plus button at the top of the page. If you haven’t prepared any email campaigns yet, you will also see the “Add new one” button in the middle of the page.
The Synerise’s email campaign creation tool is divided into four main tabs: “Settings”, “Content”, "Parameters & Tests" and “Schedule & Recipients”, where you can fill campaign details in simple steps. Let’s begin with the first tab:
1. Settings: Choose the campaign status. It can be a New campaign or a Draft (it means the campaign is not yet finished and ready for sending). A campaign will be not send until you set its status as a New. Then Enter the Campaign name – it defines how the campaign will be displayed on the list. Remember that this is only for your information. Different names help to differentiate your campaigns on the campaign list. Then set the Campaign subject this is the name which will be seen by clients. If the basic description of the new campaign is ready, click the Next button and go to the next tab.
2. Content: in the Content tab you can design and modify the email’s content. Mailing can be created either using HTML or ready-made Synerise template (click here to learn more about e-mail templates):
- The first option (“Upload email template”) enables to upload a mailing from an external file via hyperlink – just copy and paste the link and click the blue button “Upload creation”.
- Or you can use a template made in Synerise Emial Builder in Campaign email section in Settings. Just choose the preferred template from the "Get template" list. When you select a template it will be displayed in the Content field. If you need to modify the chosen template (add texts or graphics, change the font, insert a table etc.), you can do it with the help of the toolbar, which can be found above the content field.
Finished template can be previewed before going to the next tab. To do it, just click the "Preview" hyperlink, which is placed beneath the content field.
3. Parameters & Tests: fill all necessary fields. Here, you can send test email, before you will decide to send campaign. Remeber, if you'll send test email your campaign will saved as a draft.
4. Schedule & Recipients:
decide, if you want to send your campaign now or schedule it for later. If you choose the second option – fill in the shipping date manually or select the date and time from the calendar.
In the next step define the recipients. Choose from the drop-down list whether you want to send the campaign to everyone or just a specific group – a Segment
or clients with a particular Tag
. If you've already created one or more segments, smart lists or tags, they will be available in the drop-down list.
To ship the campaign click Save button in the bottom-right corner.