Dynamic content allows you to create customer driven content which is dynamically added to your website. You can use for example:
- pop up with promoted content or deals
- newsletter banners
- on site forms
- personal notifications
- presenting customised content based on customer’s behaviour
Dynamic Content is covered in SDK JS (instructions on our GitHub account – https://github.com/Synerise). If you install it succesfully, the SDK JS library will automatically check active dynamic content and if it exists for a customer it will be displayed immediately in the specified place. Every dynamic content can be a pop up (layer) or can be displayed in a selected div (you don’t indicate the specific W3C CSS selector in the template but when a Dynamic Content campaign is created).
You can easily create your own dynamic content with your existing project or use our templates.
To create dynamic content choose Settings in the down-left side of the screen and click the Category “dynamic content templates” from the Menu.There you can see a list of templates. You can choose one from the list or after clicking the plus button on the upper-right side of the screen – you will be able to create your own, new template. Moreover you can customize and edit existing templates – to do it – click copy on the left side, and edit the project.
In Synerise we have two types of templates:
- Default templates
- Custom templates (especially for newsletters)
The main difference between them is that Custom type has the additional option in the editor – you can add content which will be displayed after customer confirms newsletter subscription.
Default templates consist of a few elements:
- Basic information – there you can choose a template’s name, choose the type (Default or Custom) and type. As we said earlier – in Synerise we have two types of dynamic content – pop up or dynamic content (eg. different visualization of banner or slider on the home page etc.)
- Options – in the editor, you can add image, copy or video. You can also add code prepared earlier – to do it click “tools” and paste the code click “tools”.
Remember – if you want to create a form remember about adding Synerise parameters to track submission.
More information about that you can find here: http://synerise.com/api/documentation/tracking-forms/
When you create the template click “save”. Now you can use it in real campaign.
Choose the “dynamic campaign” category in Campaign section.
To create a campaign click the Plus button. The creator contains three sections:
- Basic information – there you can add campaign name, mark it as active/inactive, choose a template from the list, and once more choose the type (PopUp or Dynamic Content). If you choose “Own Template” and type “PopUp” you will see the same simple editor and be able to set the campaigns content. When you choose “Own Template” and type “Dynamic Content” a CSS selector will appear – you have to indicate there W3C CSS selector eg. notification controller.
For every campaign targeted to all of your audience (Everyone) the selected CSS selector should be unique. If not, content may not display.
This problem does not exist if you target campaigns. For example you have three different banners for three different target groups. Then, they can share the CSS selector.
Choose the recipients (you can target your campaign to “everyone” or to a specific TAG, Segment or Smart Segment)
Set display delay – set after how long have to last user’s visit to display to this user pop-up or dynamic content
Define page URL where dynamic content will be shown – eg. your homepage or specific product page (if you leave it blank – it means that dynamic content will be shown at every subpage at your website.
What is more you can choose in which page dynamic content will not be shown.
Choose a time when the dynamic content will be shown. You can choose specific time interval – to avoid displaying campaign during the night or to display it only during few chosen hours.
Track show event – if you set this option – you can see information about displaying content on customer’s timeline (we recommend to do it only in case of campaigns).
Choose devices where dynamic content will be shown – you can choose specific channel eg. if your campaign is only targeted to people that use mobile phones etc.
- Capping –
Define number of views per customer – set how many times dynamic content can be shown to one user (you can choose the number or option “no limit” which means that every time that one user visit the specific page – see dynamic content).
Define time frequency – set the break between displays – eg. in hours – 1h; in days – 2d; in weeks – 2w; in months – 2m; in years – 1y; and so on. If you leave it blank it means that the campaign will be displayed constantly.
Make sure that you have set status “Active” and click Save. Now, your banner is ready and will display to chosen target group in chosen time.
- Creating campaigns for inactive customers
- Creating campaigns for customers who have met the specific conditions (demographic, behavioral)
- Email campaign reports (basic indicators: CTR, open rate and conversion)