With Synerise you can use segmentation feature to group clients in your database, by their behavioral attributes, eg. form submission, page visit, product purchase and many more.
The sample list of behavioral attributes you can segment database is:
- first name – select only people whose name is eg. Andrew, or whose name starts with the letter B, (and many more combinations)
- last name – as in the case of the parameter first name
What are benefits of database segmentation (by demographic attributes):
- it allows you to prepare campaigns dedicated for specific area – eg. particular city – personalised information is always better than commercial addressed to everyone
- it allows you to better understand clients’ needs and prepare personalised offers – eg. show different products for men and women, or for people living in big cities and small towns
- it gives you a great chance to increase profits of the industry – dedicated advertisement is less annoying so it convinces to purchase more efficiently
- it increase customer loyalty – it is always better to show your clients advertisements containing products, they are interested in – in this situation they are more likely to trust that you know their needs
- it optimize campaign’s results – indicators like OR, CTR will increase; – it is simply result of growing trust in your brand and product
What to do, to segment your database by demographic attributes? You can create segments in two ways:
- in CRM module – click Create segment button above clients list
- in Settings – open Segments section and click Plus button at the top of the page. If you have not prepared any segment yet, you will also see Add new one button in the centre of the page
Both methods lead you to the same window with settings, where you need to fill in appropriate fields to create a segment. First enter its name. Then decide how many conditions will your segment contain. If you want to create multi-variable segment, decide if all of conditions have to be fulfilled or at least one of them. Next add from the list Client data condition and choose appropriate client data, eg. sex.
If everything is done, click Continue button at the right-upper corner. Synerise will show you segmentation results. If it meets your expectations, click Save button at the right-upper corner of the window to save your new segment.
To check results, and get preview of the segment construction (eg. in the future), go to Insights section, select Segments, and on the right you will get the list of all already created segments.
- Database segmentation – behavioral parameters
- Database segmentation with the logical operators for the conditions to be met
- Construction of customer profile – the types of data collected (demographic and behavioral data)
- Construction of customer’s behavioral profile – the collection of transactional data
Related Synerise help desk posts:
- What is Smart segments in CRM panel for?
- How to create a new segment?
- What is segmentation for?
- What type of segments can I create?
- Can I save once created segment to re-use it in the future?
Related Synerise blog posts:
- How segmentation can boost your profits?
- How to calculate CLV index? Discussion of historical methods