In Synerise you can send automatic messages and alerts to chosen customers, TAG or segments after specific customers’s action.
First of all you have to set the automation scenario. You can create it in Automation module. There you have to click plus button in the upper part of the screen to add new automation.
All customers activity can be described as event. It can be f.e. page visit, form filling, purchase or gaining scoring points also. Synerise analyses them and if a desired event occurs it can automatically perform the specific action.
Automation scenarios are called customer journeys this describes best that scenarios are made of steps which should be performed in a requested way. To add it to customer journey you have to drag and drop chosen trigger. When you click every trigger you can add additional conditions to every trigger.
You can find automation creator in Automation category.
The first step of customer journey is a Trigger. You can choose one of following:
- segment event (automation for all customers which are currently in specific segment or for all who enter this segment in the future)
- form submitted (you can choose the form)
- field changed (automation only for users who has or has not the specific value or content in chosen field f.e. they have birthday on 2nd July, their loyalty card is active, they have bought products for more than 200 EURO etc. moreover you can add here more conditions)
- visited page (you can add certain URL)
- custom event (if customer triggers your custom event eg. hits play button)
- tag (if a customer will be tagged or a tag will be removed from him)
Your journey can have many triggers with OR logical operator, it means that the same journey will have several starting points, e.g.: Both customers who are in Segment Event or Form Submitted will start the journey.
Conditions describe steps customer has to perform to finish the journey. Synerise Automation works sequentially and all steps are required. You can choose conditions from the following:
- check e-mail status (checks customers actions towards a specific email campaign. If it was sent, opened, clicked, bounced. It can be used only with campaigns that will be sent after running the journey)
- check push message status (checks customers actions towards a specific push campaign. If it was sent, opened, clicked, bounced. It can be used only with campaigns that will be sent after running the journey)
- visited page (you can add URL)
- visited mobile app screen (you can choose the specific screen from the mobile app)
- has submitted form (choose the form)
- is in segment (choose the segment)
- has visited location (choose the location)
- bought product (any or pecific product or products)
- product added to card (any or pecific product or products)
- custom event (checks if customer performed your custom event eg. hits play button)
- tag (use this to check if a tag was added or removed from a customer)
Conditions are events that must happen to activate the Action. You can have as many Conditions as you want. Automation is smart and if your customer performs a lot of events automation will analyse them along with time when they occurred, so there is no fear of loosing data. Some Conditions can have a if yes/ if not relations with others which means you can have two paths in one journey.
Some Conditions can have if yes/ if not relations with other Conditions and Actions. This allow you to make different paths in one journey, for e.g. email somebody that added a specific product to cart or send a SMS if not.
Last step of every journey is an Action, what should happen at the finish. You can have several Actions in one journey. You can choose from following actions in synerise:
- send email (choose the email template)
- send push message (choose the push template)
- send SMS (choose the SMS template)
- send coupon (send an email with a coupon. Chose email template from campaign templates list – the template should be a coupon template)
- add tag (add tag to customers who finished the journey)
- update field (change the value or content in specific field for users who finished the customer journey)
- delay (wait for a period of time and then check if something happened within that period)
- sleep (ignore events for a set period of time. Automation will analyse events which will happen after this time ends)
- dynamic content (display pop-up or dynamic content on the site or mobile app)
When a customer finishes a journey, he or she can do it again if they fire the Trigger once more.
If you want to modify a created and running journey you should stop the active one, copy it and start again. Modifying running journeys may cause problems with data analysis which can occur with for example sending too many actions to customers. Remember that automation does not taking into account archival data. Before starting the journey make sure that all templates are ready and all pages and forms are working.
To start a customer journey choose the trigger, condition and action (you can choose more than one or set the few different ways to final action). Choose the relation between them (if yes/if not) and click save.
Example can look like below (trigger: all customers from the segment “bought during last week”, condition: visit in specific offline store, action: automatic push message with the special discount).
- Sending automatic messages after specific customer’s action
- Sending personalised messages with dynamic content
- Sending automatic message to customers after specific activity
- Creating segment of customers who have responded to the messages
- Creating segment of „price insensitive” customers
- Dynamic and personalised recommendations of products on the website in various form (iframe, sidebar, pop-up)
- Product recommendations published on websites
- Individual pricing for specific group of customers’s
- Automated emails with products from abandoned shopping cart
- Automated SMSes with products from abandoned shopping cart
- Automated emails with request for opinion about last purchased product
Related Synerise help desk posts
Related Synerise blog posts
- Take 5 steps to implement marketing automation in your business!
- How segmentation can boost your profits?
- Marketing automation and dynamic content – effective duet!
- The perfect combination: storytelling and marketing automation