Segmentation is the technique can we used to enable a business to better target products at the right customers. Thanks to this feature you can group customers by their behaviour, personal data or any other event they generated.
There is a lot of possibilities to create segments in Synerise. You can segment your customers by demographic, geographic and behavioral criteria.
You can create a segment either from CRM List or Settings. After clicking Create a news segment the segment editor will open. Every segment has to have a unique name and at least one condition. Conditions within a segment can use OR or AND logical operators, you can’t mix different operators between conditions in the same segment.
- It allows you to create more sophisticated campaigns – with AND operator you can select very narrow group of people from your customer base and hence send them more personalised offer.
- It increase customer loyalty – you will understand their needs and send them appropriate messages so you will be more trustworthy.
- It will save your time – you create your segments once and it’s updated automatically.
- It will increase your profits – personalisation allows to prepare more efficiently advertisement.
- In Synerise when you want to create multiple segment you only need to choose right conditions and select appropriate button which will connect them. In Synerise All conditions = AND operator, At least one of the conditions = OR operator. AND is set by default.
- AND (conjunction) – is used to create segment which contains several complementary conditions; all of them have to be fulfilled to match this segment;
OR (disjunction) – is used to create segment that contains several alternative conditions and at least one of them has to be fulfilled to match this segment.
- Customer Data
Creates a segment based on customer’s personal data: firstname, lastname, address but also device type and custom data. You can select if condition should equal, contain, start or end with chosen value
- Page visit
Select customers who enter any of your tracked pages, any page at a specific track domain or a specific page with or without the query string. Why distinguish between pages with and without query? Imagine you want to see how many customers visit example.com/product1 and how many of them
visit it from a specific campaign example.com/product1&utm_campaign=ba
- Page visit by referral
Look up for customers who visited your page from a specific referral: domain, URL with the query or without.
- Email actions
Find customers who performed a specific action in a specific or any campaign.
- Location visits
Create a segment of customers who visited your location. To use this feature you need to have beacon and mobile app integration.
- SMS actions
Similar to Email actions, will create a segment based on a specific action in a specific or any SMS campaign.
- Push message actions
As in the case above. You need to have mobile app integration.
- Marketing agreement
Check whether customer’s marketing agreement for receiving newsletters, SMS or push messages is enabled.
- Product purchase in category
Select customers who made the purchase in a selected product category.
- Product purchase
Group customers by any or specific product purchase.
- Product purchase in price range
Similar to other product purchase condition this will show you customers who bought any or specific product but within a selected price.
- Transaction within a price range
Shows customers who made a transaction for a specific total amount.
- Mobile application use
This condition needs integration with a mobile app. It will create a segment of customers who opened any or specific screen in your mobile app.
- Database segmentation – behavioral parameters
- Database segmentation – demographic parameters
Related Synerise help desk posts
- What is segmentation for?
- How to create a new segment?
- What type of segments can I create?
- Can I save once created segment to re-use it in the future?
- What is Smart segments in CRM panel for?