We understand the importance of the protection of personal data. Synerise follows all relevant legal obligations and good practices regarding the storage and processing of personal data. The purpose of this document is to detail the conditions under which your personal data is stored and processed when using the Synerise Application or visiting synerise.com.
Let’s start with an explanation of some of the terms we will use.
DC – Data Controller, which is Synerise S.A., located at ul. Podole 60, Kraków 30-394, entered into the National Registry of the Commercial Court, overseen by the Regional Court of Krakow-Śródmieście in Krakow, IX Commercial Division, with the number KRS 0000468034, NIP tax identification: 679 309 32 92, founding capital 353 700,00 PLN – paid in full.
DPO – A Data Protection Officer is authorized to act in the name of Synerise S.A. to verify that our procedures are consistent with applicable regulations. The DPO is also available to answer any questions you may have regarding your personal data.
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation of the European Parliament 2016/679 of April 27, 2016. This act protects physical persons and the use of their personal data and replaces Directive 95/46/WE regarding personal data.
Service or Services – Online channels belonging to Synerise S.A. through which services are provided. These Services are located at the following addresses: synerise.com, ai.synerise.com, devai.synerise.com, dev.synerise.com, academy.synerise.com, app.synerise.com.
Privacy Settings – An account functionality that allows Users of the Service to manage or modify their preferences in relation to the protection of their personal data.
User – A legal adult natural person with an account required to use Services provided by Synerise S.A.
Unregistered User – Natural person that is a legal adult using the Services provided by Synerise S.A.
You, Your – The relevant User or Unregistered User.
Administrator of personal data
The DC is Synerise S.A., located at ul. Podole 60, Kraków 30-394.
How to contact us
Questions regarding the processing of your personal data by Synerise S.A. can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact us also in traditional form by sending a mail to the following address: ul. Podole 60, Kraków 30-394.
What data is processed and why
We process your data for various purposes related to the delivery of services through the Synerise Application. We can also process the data when you enter our website. Here’s a list of examples when data is being processed. We’ve also indicated the scope of the data and the legal basis in line with the provisions of the GDPR.
- your first and last name
- email address
- optional data like your telephone number and name of your company,
- cookies, IP numbers
we process for the purposes of marketing our products and Services including but not limited to sending a newsletter or providing access to our application.
In the instances listed above, processing of your personal data is done on the basis of the consent you have given.
Services that require opening an account
Request Demo – In order to obtain access to the demo version of our application, you must provide the necessary information to open an account.
In this case, we will store and process your:
- first and last names
- email address
- telephone number (optional)
- company name (optional)
For registration / creation of an account in order to gain access to customer support, documentation and other technical materials, we process your personal data, including:
– your first and last name
– email address
Services that don’t require opening an account
Participation in a webinar / event organized by Synerise – to participate, we process the following personal data:
– first name and last names
– email address
– telephone number (optional)
Newsletter – in order to provide you with the latest news (product updates, blog, events), we process the following personal data:
– email address
Contact form on the site – in order to answer questions submitted on our website, we process the following personal data:
– first name and last names
– email address
– company name (optional)
– telephone number (optional)
Profiling is the processing of personal data involving the use of information gathered from cookies, IP numbers and personal email addresses to assess some of your identifying features. However, we want to assure you that we do not make automated decisions and profiling is carried solely for the purpose of matching Synerise marketing offers and creating customer personality profiles.
How and with whom we share your data
We share your data only when you have given your consent in the appropriate form and if necessary. Furthermore, our employees will have access to your data to the extent necessary to perform their daily duties. The same applies to subcontractors or other entities used to process your data like IT companies, accounting companies and marketing agencies.
We will share your personal data if it is legally summoned by authorized state authorities, in particular organizational units of the prosecutor’s office, the Police, the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection, the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection or the President of the Office of Electronic Communications.
Our suppliers are based primarily in Poland and other countries of the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g. in Ireland. Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA. In connection with the transfer of your data outside the EEA, we have confirmed that our suppliers guarantee a high level of personal data protection. These guarantees result from the obligation to use standard contractual clauses adopted by the Commission (EU) or participation in the Privacy Shield program established by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/1250 of 12 July 2016 on the adequacy of protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long we store your data
Your Data like first name, second name, cookies, IP numbers are processed for the purposes of delivering our products and services and in relation to the sending of newsletters will be kept until you withdraw consent for its processing.
Your rights regarding the processing of your personal data
Regarding the processing of your personal data, you have the right to:
– access the data and obtain a copy. In particular you have the right to obtain confirmation that we store your personal data.
– correct (or edit) You have the right to make corrections to and supplement your personal data. You can do it yourself using Privacy Settings. Regarding other personal data, you have the right to request us to correct it if it is incorrect and to supplement it (if incomplete).
– delete the data (the right to be forgotten). If you believe there is no basis for us to process your data, you can request that we remove it. You have the right to request deletion of personal data if:
a) you withdraw consent for any data processing that requires it;
b) your personal data is no longer needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected;
c) your personal data was not stored in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Despite a request to delete personal data, in connection with withdrawal of consent, Synerise may retain certain personal data to the extent necessary to establish, assert or defend claims. This applies in particular to personal data including: name, surname, email address and history of use of the application, which may be retained for purposes of answering complaints and claims related to the use of our Services. Data will be stored until the prescription periods indicated in Civil Code.
– limitations on data processing – you may request that Synerise limit the processing of your personal data only to store or perform actions agreed upon with you if, in your opinion, we have incorrect data about you or process it unjustifiably, or you do not want Synerise to remove it because you need it determine, investigate or defend claims, or for the time of opposition to data processing. You have the right to request restrictions on the use of your personal data in the following cases:
a) when you question the accuracy of your personal data – if you suspect the data is incorrect, we will limit their use for the time needed to verify the accuracy of your data;
b) if the processing of your data is not done in accordance with the law, and instead of removing the data, you demand limitation of its use;
c) when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or used, but it is necessary for you to establish, investigate or defend claims;
– transfer data – you have the right to receive from us in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, e.g. CSV, personal information about you that you have provided to us based on your consent. You can also ask Synerise to send this data directly to another entity;
– lodging a complaint to the supervisory body – you can submit complaints, questions and requests regarding the processing of your personal data and the exercise of your rights. If you feel that we are processing your data unlawfully, you can file a complaint to PUODO with its seat at ul. Stawki 2 in Warsaw or to other relevant supervisory body.
Remember that you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Withdrawal of consent becomes effective immediately upon its submission. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the processing made in accordance with the law before its withdrawal. Withdrawal of consent does not involve any negative consequences for you. However, it may prevent you from continuing to use the services or functionalities that we can legally provide on the basis of your consent.
How to demand the exercise of your rights
Details and tips on how to exercise your rights can be found on our website, synerise.com. In order to exercise your rights, please send a request to email@example.com. Remember that before exercising your rights, we will have to verify that you are in fact the owner of the data in question, and we will inform you within one month of receipt of the request. If you exercise your right stated above, we fulfil your request, or we will refuse it. You will be informed without undue delay no longer than within 30 days from the receipt of your request about our action.
We protect your data
We take every reasonable step to ensure the security of your personal data.
Our services use encrypted data transmission (SSL) during registration and logging in, which protects the data that identifies you and significantly blocks the interception of access to your account by unauthorized systems or persons.
Types of cookies:
- Administrator Cookies – cookies placed by the Administrator, via the Service.
- Third-party Cookies – cookies placed by the Administrator’s partners, via the Service.
- Session cookies – these are stored within the User’s device and stay there until a browser session is finished. Recorded information is later permanently removed from the device memory. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow for downloading any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s device.
- Permanent cookies – these cookies are stored within the User’s device and stay there until they are deleted. Ending a session of a web browser or turning off a device does not cause their removal from the User’s device. The mechanism of permanent cookies does not allow for downloading any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s device.
What are cookies used for?
Administrator cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To adjust the contents of the Website to User preferences and optimize the use of the Website and Application;
- To recognize the device of the User, its location, and, as appropriate, to display Website content relevant to his individual needs;
- To optimize the use of the Website and Application by the User;
- To adjust the contents of the Website to User preferences and optimize the use thereof – specifically, said files allow for recognizing basic parameters of the User’s device and displaying Website content customized for his individual needs;
- Analyzing, researching and auditing of website traffic by creating anonymous statistics which supply insights into how Users benefit from websites, which allows for improvement of structure and content;
- To guarantee the safety and reliability of the Website and Application
- For User profiling.
Third-party cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To present multimedia content sourced from external internet services, e.g. YouTube, within the Website and Application;
- To collect general and anonymous statistical data by way of analytical tools, e.g. Google Analytics;
- To present commercial content customized to User preferences by way of online advertising tools, e.g. Google AdSense.
- To use interactive functionalities in order to advertise the Website by means of social media like Facebook.com, Pinterest.com, etc.